Prescription Drug Coverage
As your partner pharmacy, we are committed to keep you informed of updates in the ever-changing world of Medicare. We will work with your facility in the coordination of your residents’ benefits and assist you in the implementation of cost-containment strategies. We believe that knowledge/understanding of Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage is essential in a facility’s success in maximizing residents’ benefits and minimizing facility costs.
Overview of Medicare part D:
- All people with Medicare are eligible to enroll in a Medicare Drug Plan.
- People must be enrolled in a plan to get Medicare Drug Coverage.
- Medicare drug plans are offered by insurance companies and other private companies approved by Medicare. They are also referred to as PDPs.
- Medicare Drug Plans are not all the same. Plans vary by cost, coverage and convenience.
- Plans can manage access to drug coverage through:
– Prior Authorization
– Step Therapy
– Quantity Limits
LTC SCRIPTS will assist your facility in managing and streamlining these processes to obtain prompt approval of drug coverage for your residents.